Thursday, August 26, 2010

Project fail (maybe?)

I have wanted to redo the kids bathroom for a while but funds have been low  non-existent.  I am tired of waiting to be able to do it.  So this is my attempt to redecorate their bathroom as inexpensively as possible.

It has not started off well...

I am changing the decor from Mickey Mouse to a beachy theme.  

Color scheme desired...

Turquois
Black
Grey/Silver 

First pieces of junk I found  project on the list
 
A board left over from this project (free) and a little wood bowl ( .75c)

First thing I did attempted was to cut the bowl in half.

after realizing the scroll saw wouldn't cut that deep, out came the hand saw.
I know, my tools are pathetic.  I keep asking for better ones, but it is always that same funding problem as before :(

This is where the almost fail began.  As soon as the saw cut all the way through the dumb bowl fell off the tail gate of my truck (which pretends to be my saw horse sometimes)

Out came the glue and tape...  UGH!
Once that was fixed I nailed it (it won't hold much weight so nails should work OK.  Right???) to the front of the board about in the middle... sort of.  
I mean really.  Let's not make things to difficult.  Look at the damage I have already managed to do with out all the technical measuring stuff. 


After this point I slapped on some stinkin  paint  carefully painted the whole thing white and then distressed it.
 

This post is call project fail.  I am not sure I am loving how this turned out.  But I have decided to wait until the whole room is done to see if it works the way I am picturing it in my head.



That is all I am going to show you for know.  I am working on the bathroom so when I get that done I will show you all the little projects in the room reveal.

Thanks for stoppin by!!!!

P.S. Here is a sneak peek of the next project on my bathroom list.
 



  

1 comment:

Ms. Amber said...

I think it looks marvelous! I can't wait to see how it all comes together!