Thursday, May 13, 2010

Some things I have been working on

I could spend my entire day creating and fixing things up.  I wish I could make a living doing it.  That really would be my dream job.  Anyway, I have had a couple of projects that I have wanted to get finished and with the good weather (FINALLY!) I have been able to grab the spray paint and head outside.   My first project I didn't get any before pictures.  I was so excited to get started that I totally forgot.

This is my headboard bench.  As you can see it is not quite finished (I need to add the arm rests) but I think it turned out pretty good.  Ignore the ugly hose, pretend there is a beautiful pot filled with flowers right there :)


 For my next projects, this is what I had to work with.

I've decided I really like other peoples junk.  I love to change it and make it look good again.  The burlap I ended up making into a pillow that now has a home on my new bench, so scroll back up and take a peek.


As for that big brown blah thingy.....


 This is what it looks like now.  Pretty good, Huh?!?  I haven't decided where this is going to go yet, but I know I will find somewhere good.


Finally, and probably my favorite, the candle stick and the cheese dome. I have seen this project all over blogland and was finally lucky enough to find a cheese dome at the DI the other day  Woo Hoo!



DRUMROLL......







I LOOOOOOVE how this turned out.  I am sure I will be filling this full of all sorts of crap all year long.

So that is a few of the things I have been working on.  I have some more that I will post soon.  In fact stop back by tomorrow.  I have a mini tutorial on a project I finished for my kitchen.  Thanks for stopping by!






I am linking these projects  to House of Hepworth.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Those are all so so cute!! I saw your bench sitting outside and wondered if you made it. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Great projects. I hope you have room for another follower. I would also love to know more about how you put the bench together...do tell! I invite you to visit my blog and if you like it, please follow me also!